In the Rockies

In the Rockies
Butler Gulch

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I found this quote from John Schaar, a professor and political theorist, as the "Word for the Day" website. These quotes are from people of all races, religions, and creeds, but have something to say to us about our lives. I particularly liked this one.

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."

I have found that my path of becoming one with the Universe, of appreciating, of forgiveness others and myself, has changed me. How it might change my destination in life is one about which I will ponder. As a later-in-life person, I'm learning to be more in what is today, and not so much on a destination path, but where my path leads is interesting to me, though I cannot say that I know what or where that is.

Appreciate the beauty around us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment