In the Rockies

In the Rockies
Butler Gulch

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Through the Darkness into the Light -- An Inner Opening to God's Love



                                              Blue Lake -- yesterday's hike with Judith!
Good Morning,

I'm about to launch a new website!  At this time, the WIX folks are still working on making it possible for my current blog to show up there so I will be writing on my blog page on the website.  I'll touch base here from time to time and will give you the website's title and location as soon as it's up and running.

The motivation for the website is the workshop I have scheduled in Boulder October 10-11.  It contains elements of quiet days and programs I've previously given, but never have I presented a program that only I am sponsoring, and never have my programs been this explicit or extensive.

The flyer my talented friend, Elizabeth Hare, is putting together includes these words:  "Maggie Cox is a survivor of a ritual practice still alive today, damaging the lives of children and adults alike.  Her experiences include emotional, spiritual, sexual, and physical abuse."  Having that in print will be a huge "coming out" as I have not yet found an agent/publisher for the memoir.  (I have queries out that I could hear from in a month or so.)

This is a calling I've felt for years, but have wanted someone else to make it happen, as when I've been invited to be a guest speaker.  I knew that my Boulder church wouldn't be comfortable sponsoring this conversation even though my centering prayer practice will be demonstrated and taught as the foundation of my healing journey.  This morning I read a blog about research that's been done showing the value of a meditation practice in a short term being valuable in relieving and reducing pain.  That's something I can attest to in many ways.  I am presenting the workshop at St. John's, my church, and will have the support and presence of our associate rector, but I am the sponsor.  I will be using the Contemplative Outreach e-mail list as one means of publicity, but they are not sponsors.

When I first began having serious conversations about presenting this workshop, I would come home exhilarated for a few minutes.  Then I would be almost sick.  After a few such experiences, I went into the silence and asked what the problem was.  It was that old fear deeply implanted in early childhood that my destruction would follow telling--in dramatic and horrible ways.  Bringing that fear to the light, being with it and assuring that little girl Margaret that she would be okay, has allow me to release that fear.  I'm moving toward getting the publicity out soon and am excited about this opportunity.  My prayer is that those who most need what I have to offer will be the primary audience, although I welcome friends for support and expect there is something for everyone.  Oh by the way, I'm charging for the workshop!!

Next time:  The Tetons and Yellowstone.  I'm heading that way soon!

                                        They are still blooming!!!  Long Lake flowers yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment