In the Rockies

In the Rockies
Butler Gulch

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Couldn't Resist





















I had to go for a walk, once the sidewalk shovellers came and did their work. And my camera slipped into my pocket just in case. The area with the prettiest trees in our complex was closed off with yellow tape. Tree limbs and deep slush covered the ground. I made my way around and back to the lower part of that area--and on my way I found leaves and berries decorated with snow, works of art waiting to be photographed.


The newscaster said we had a foot of snow in the Boulder area. That was hard to tell since some of it had melted by the time I went for my walk. What was apparent was that the heavy wet snow that done quite a job of trimming the trees and shrubs. Winter's beginning brought temporary beauty. It will leave behind lopsided trees and shrubs with holes. The slick streets we didn't have this morning will come tonight, but most of us can stay at home. Thousands are still without power. Fortunately, mine is on, and I'm snuggling in for the evening. A pumpkin awaits carving--or painting. It's Halloween around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment