In the Rockies

In the Rockies
Butler Gulch

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fields of Flowers -- Abundance













How often we think we want more---more things, more money, more beauty, more love. I continue to search for more flowers to photograph, to see, to revel in their beauty. This year the flowers are about a month late, so I worried that we would miss the Glacier lilies (the yellow ones) since they have a short season. The globe flowers are usually past long before the end of July. This year they are in abundance with August 1st looming. The tall penstemon were blooming in an area I don't usually think of as a hike, but because of late snowfields, I walked the Caribou Ranch trails and found abundant flowers.


I think of the many ways I have abundance in my life. Easily first is with my family and friends--loving children and grandsons and friends who have walked life's journeys and paths with me. I give thanks daily for the riches they bring to my life.


Following a close second is the riches of God's beauty in this world, and that flows in streams and rivers, lakes and ponds and waters my soul. It blooms in flowers that spring in unlikely places. It sounds in birds trills and floats in white fluffy clouds and rainbows we've experienced many evenings this summer. Mountains speak of strength and survival, meadows of lush beauty. Rocky paths with beauty in the distance and close at hand remind me that there is abundant beauty. I simply need to look.





No comments:

Post a Comment