In the Rockies

In the Rockies
Butler Gulch

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Illuminating the Forrest








As I look at these uploaded images, it would appear that the bright flashy shooting star illuminates the forest most of all. It is beautiful, but so tiny in the forest floor that had there not be a clump (can I use such a word to describe these lovely blossoms!) of them, we might not have noticed.


Instead, it's the aspens that will change the forest landscape for the summer months. It's their tiny opening leaves that call to me each spring, call to take a hike among them as they bring their annual beauty into full bloom.


I wonder how we fit into this scheme of things as we take our transforming journeys through life's cycles. I might have though of myself as that small shining flower when dressed in one of the pink dresses that my teacher Wood cousins, grandmothers in my experience, bought me. Now I more nearly represent an old Aspen tree, one that has withstood storms, bruises and scars showing, but still standing. How I open my God-given beauty to those around me each day is up to me. I don't always see myself as having that beauty, but somehow God sees it in me. It's up to me to open the Divine love that shines through me to the forest, to make it a little brighter, warmer. My prayer today is for God to show me the way to blossom this spring, in Her love, Her ways, Her joy. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment